1/11/2013

Prague, snow at october

The subject is "Prague, snow at october" , even so we are currently in january. I do not know what kept me writing my blog. But I know why I started to write it. My answer is snow. At the moment, it's snowing outside, İstanbul is being covered by snow. So beautiful and so peaceful...

In october while I was in Prague, while I was walking through the streets of Prague it suddenly started to snow. Prague is a beautiful city, more beautiful under the snow.
Not surprising that people describe the city as "fairy tale city".

  
                                      



According to Wikipedia Prague was a city in the territory of military and political control of the Soviet Union (see Iron Curtain).  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague

But now Prague is a city which erased the traces of the communist history.  Communism Museum and Mc Donalds shares the same building, such  a dilemma! Speaking of which, no need to visit the  Communism Museum. First of all it's not a museum, it's an apartment house, secondly pieces in that so called museum are not worth to see. It's like a group of kids collected all the busts, posters etc and pieced together them in an apartment house. Instead of going that "museum" visit Berlin Wall, you can learn more stuff about communism.


After  Communism Museum  I would like to see some art so went to Cubism Museum. Unfortunately it was closed due to construction work.

Then I  have decided to see famous Charles Bridge. Try to go there when it's quite if you can take pictures smoothly. Well, I do not know If you can find any quite time of it. But the Bridge has every right to be famous. It connects the Prague Castle and Old Town, decorated with 30 different Baroque Style statues.

After taking thousands of pictures I reached the Old Town Square. Ununsual crowd was gathering in front of a building called "Clock Tower". In no time at all I have understood why all people were gathering and looking at a wall.  The answer was The Prague Astronomical Clock or Prague Orloj, medieval astronomical clock.  There are four animated figures and they represent four things. One is vanity, second is greed, third is death and the fourth figure is in the shape of an Ottoman man and it is representing pleasure.  I forgot to tell why peoplewere looking at Prague Orloj.  Every hour on the hour the figures move. Vanity looks to mirror, Ottoman man drinks, Death shnow a sandglass and I forgot what does greed do.

All right folks! You are in Prague, in the lands of delicious beers. Drink as much as you can. If you don't live in Germany or Holland or Belgium it is almost impossible to have qualified beer.
They have various kinds of beer, dark, wheat, blonde etc. Beer brewing is a serious and old line of businees in Prague. Like wine tasting tours, they have beer tasting tours.  I haven't attened any of those tours but I stop by almost every beer shop tired to taste as many as I could.

By the way, an important warning for you, travelers DO NOT BUY PRAGUE CARD. The most useless and expensive card I have ever bought among the city cards. It is not possible to use the card for the public transportation, no discount or free pass for the decent museums. I paid $ 99  for a non-functional card. All my Prague trip I felt like a complete idiot.










No comments:

Post a Comment